Apples and Snakes: External Evaluator Role
Apples and Snakes have been successful in securing funding to continue a programme of participatory arts work in London libraries in 2020 via our flagship SPINE Festival and our Libraries Out Loud initiative. Activities are aimed at children and young people and are delivered across 17 London Boroughs. We are now looking to appoint an evaluator to assess the impact of the project.
Apples and Snakes is the leading organisation for performance poetry and spoken word in England. We exist to champion poetry and poets, amplify unheard voices, and challenge expectations of what poetry is and can be. We are an Arts Council England (ACE) National Portfolio Organisation (NPO) with an exemplary track record in engaging diverse audiences, especially children and young people, and forging successful partnerships.
Criteria for the role:
We are looking for an independent consultant/freelancer with demonstrable experience of evaluation work including:
● Experience of developing theory of change/evaluation frameworks
● Some experience of working with artists and arts organisations or libraries – including experience of evaluating participatory arts projects
● Some experience of evaluating work aimed at children and young people and/or experience of working directly with children and young people
● Ability to work in community settings and with a wide range of stakeholders
● Flexible approach to work and good team player
● A current DBS or willingness to undertake a DBS
Budget: £300 per day for 10 days – total fee of £3,000
Key Dates: SPINE Festival runs from 5 – 14 March 2020 and Telling Tales, part of the Libraries Out Loud initiative launches on 22 February. The external evaluator would need to be available from early/mid February. A half day feedback and evaluation session with librarians and artists has been scheduled for Wednesday 25 March from 2pm to 5pm.
Application Process & Deadline: Applications should be sent to email@example.com. Please send a cv and covering letter (max 2 sides) outlining relevant experience and interest in the role and simple in principle, outline proposal including number of days for report writing (max 1 side).
Deadline for applications: midnight on Sunday 2 February 2020
Interviews: week commencing 10 February 2020
We are currently working in partnership with Guildhall to facilitate meaningful student volunteer projects and placements.
We are not currently recruiting volunteers. Please keep an eye on this page for future volunteer opportunities.
Spoken Word Archive